Circle the City with Love was conceived in spring 2016, the vision of Sr. Rita Petruziello CSJ who hoped for a peaceful event in our cities to show the unifying and transformative power of love to the world. Her vision became a reality through the efforts of a dedicated and inclusive group of men and women.
This group have been meeting on an ongoing basis to keep this movement going. They along with thousands of people across the country and in other countries as well have joined in this effort.
In 2018, communities will come Circle The Cities on Sunday, July 29. To learn more about the locations (and register), click here.
July 17, 2016 - Hope Memorial Bridge, Cleveland, OHIO
- 3,000 people of all ages, races, and creeds
- Standing together on the Lorain Carnegie Bridge in Cleveland in advance of the Republican National Convention
- Holding hands in silence for 30 minutes
- Putting the power of love into the energy fields of our city, our country and our world
January 15, 2017 - International
- 6,000+ people representing 120 locations
- 25 states plus Guam; Perth, Australia; and Rome, Italy
- Putting the power of love into the energy fields of our cities, our country and our world as the president of the United States was inaugurated
July 16, 2017 - National
- More than 900 people in solidarity
- 13 cities in 7 states including Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, West Virginia